Because it is served at the dinner table and to celebrate life’s milestones, alcohol is viewed without suspicion by most people until one day someone you love begins to struggle with alcohol addiction.
Despite the fact that it can be purchased by anyone over 21, people often miss the essential fact that alcohol is highly addictive and can be very dangerous to life and health. Just over half of Texans who are of drinking age are self-identified regular consumers of alcohol. Recent data indicates that more than ten million Texas residents aged 12 and older drink. About half that number are binge drinkers. Texas is not unique. In fact, many states have higher alcohol use rates than Texas. But the fact remains, many alcohol users in Texas are abusing this easily acquired and affordable substance and alcoholism can derail a life and an entire family in short order.
But there is help for you here in Texas. If you are concerned about your drinking, our Houston alcohol rehab program at Serenity Light Recovery can help. For more information, fill out our online form or pick up the phone and call 855.658.6109.
What Is an Alcohol Detox Program?
If you or someone you love is showing signs of alcohol addiction, the first step in recovery is to make the mental shift to wanting change in your life. Once you have committed to walking the path of recovery, the second step you take will be detox.
It is possible to quit drinking on your own, but the evidence strongly points to greater success long term if you enroll in a medically supervised residential detox program. In the Houston area, Serenity Light Recovery is a shining example of a full-service rehab facility that offers top-of-the-line medical and therapeutic professionals and state-of-the-art facilities to support your detox.
Safety, stabilization, and success are benchmarks of a good detox program. At Serenity Light Recovery, we provide all that and more.
- Safety. Medical oversight and management of your detox mean your safety is paramount. Your pain and discomfort are monitored and treated with medications to mitigate the worst symptoms of withdrawal. Pre-existing (but perhaps undiagnosed) medical or mental health conditions, if any arise, will be caught quickly and managed by the appropriate professionals.
- Stabilization. The professional care providers in the detox center ensure your physical, mental, and emotional stability during withdrawal. As appropriate, your rehab team will prepare you for what is to come, answer questions, and offer support and compassion as you work through the detox process.
- Success. There is no rehab without detox. Your entire recovery journey begins here, and your chances of long-term success are much higher with professional medical oversight and management during detox.
Learn More About Alcoholism Treatment in Houston
Whether you choose an inpatient or outpatient rehab option, participate in group therapy or individual therapy or both, are open to mindfulness and wellness practices to support your recovery, or desire a faith-based program, if you live in the greater Houston metro area, you are in good hands at Serenity Light Recovery.
Our evidence-based therapeutic and support models include, among others:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- 12-step program
- Biofeedback therapy
- Equine therapy
- Yoga therapy
We find the involvement of family support networks can be highly beneficial. That is why Serenity Light Recovery provides family therapy options as well. While you are with us, we will support you with an individualized treatment protocol that fits your needs and wants.
Reach Out to Serenity Light Recovery Today
Alcohol abuse can be hard to recognize. It can sneak up on you and go undetected by even those closest to you. If you’ve found yourself wondering if what you thought was controlled drinking has become dependence or addiction, think alcoholism treatment is what you need, or need immediate professional help for your addiction to alcohol, then reach out. Our staff will thoughtfully walk you through some questions to help you decide what the best next steps are for you. Call us at 855.658.6109 or use our online form. We are standing by.