When it comes to rehab programs, there are so many options that choosing one can be overwhelming. Extended care rehab is one of many choices. There are benefits to a 90-day treatment program for drug or alcohol addiction, and there are reasons why some people might want to consider such an option.
If you think the extended care model is right for you or your loved one but are not sure, the Serenity Light Recovery staff can answer all your questions. Just call us at 855.658.6109 or use our online form today.
Are You a Candidate for a Long-Term Treatment Program?
When someone is suffering from a substance use disorder, getting and staying sober may be a goal, but it is not necessarily an easy one. For some, the recovery process can be longer and more complex than it is for others. This is no one’s fault but may simply be the result of some or many unique factors in combination.
If you recognize yourself or someone you love in the list below, a 90-day treatment program may be just right.
- History of relapse
- Co-occurring mental health disorders
- Extended detox requirements
- Domestic violence, history of assault, and other traumas
- Process addictions (compulsive-behavioral addictions like gambling, sex, shopping, etc.)
It takes time to heal at the start of recovery. The brain and body need to regain equilibrium without the presence of a toxic substance getting in the way. Research indicates that relapse rates are reduced in the long term when addiction is addressed holistically, and clients experience at least 90 days of coordinated, individualized treatment to establish healthy habits.
Benefits of 90-Day Rehab Programs
Some of the tangible results that can be achieved within an extended care treatment program for addiction include:
- Improved outcomes – The longer someone is away from drugs in rehab, the less likely they are to relapse when they leave.
- Relationships – In long-term recovery, the support of others going through the same thing has more time to do its best work.
- Recovery skill development – Learning the skills necessary to live a life of sobriety does not happen overnight. The more time clients have to do that before going home, the better.
- Establishment of new habits – Reprogramming your brain for sobriety is a multifaceted process, so having 90 days to learn and cement new habits is very helpful.
What to Expect from Long-Term Care at Serenity Light Recovery
We are very proud of our 90-day rehab program, the only one in the Houston, Texas area. In our evidence-based 90-day treatment, we go above and beyond to provide top-quality care and close, safe monitoring of your progress toward a life of wellness and sobriety.
For example, in our center, you can expect:
- Professional, compassionate help if you need to go through detox
- Treatment of grief, trauma, and process addictions that may underlie or co-occur with your substance addiction
- A sponsor or recovery coach to walk with you through the 12 steps
- Diagnosis and treatment of co-occurring disorders
- Assistance in processing real-life triggers and circumstances in a safe environment
- An intensive family program (three days) and regular family sessions
- Role-playing and practice to address relapse prevention
- A comprehensive discharge plan that incorporates goals, aftercare (if indicated and desired), and family participation
If you would like to learn more about our 90-day extended care program and the range of available services, including dialectical behavioral therapy, mindfulness practices, equine therapy, assertiveness training, and more, reach out today. Connect with Serenity Light Recovery online or reach out to a member of our team at 855.658.6109. Our compassionate, trained staff are ready to answer your questions as you decide what is best for you on your recovery journey.