The term “holistic” refers to the whole person—body, mind, and spirit. A holistic approach to wellness is based on understanding how these three pillars of the self operate as one and should be addressed as one rather than as separate dimensions. In alcohol recovery, a holistic treatment program seeks to incorporate healing modalities that embrace all aspects of an individual.
In the Houston, TX greater metropolitan area, Serenity Light Recovery has a holistic recovery center that can benefit anyone on the path of recovery or seeks to be. To learn more, call us today at 855.658.6109 or complete our easy online form.
Alternative Therapy Options
About 38% of Americans opt for alternatives to traditional approaches to medicine and mental health. Of those, most do not reject other approaches but choose to incorporate holistic modalities into their wellness and healthcare regimens.
Programs that are considered holistic include:
- Yoga and Tai Chi
- Meditation and mindfulness
- Massage therapy
- Equine therapy
- Art therapy
At Serenity Light Recovery in Houston, all the above are available in our holistic recovery center. A former client said: “What I found [at Serenity Light Recovery] was unbelievably incredible. The holistic approach, individual attention, yoga classes, Tai Chi, spiritual coaching—I could go on and on. Serenity Light Recovery is a magical place.”
More and more researchers are exploring the effectiveness of holistic treatment for alcoholism. It has been shown to help people stop addictions early, identify triggers, and find productive and healthy alternatives to substance use.
The Benefits of a Holistic Treatment Program
- More options. Rather than limiting your options for treatment, why not expand them? In alcohol treatment programs restricted to traditional modalities, a whole range of proven therapies is out of reach. Having access to all types of treatment and combining them in a program that works for you offers flexibility and choice.
- Decreased risk of relapse. Holistic practices provide lasting benefits for those who have struggled with addiction. People who participate in practices like mindfulness or meditation have better outcomes as measured by fewer relapses.
- Relief from cravings and discomfort. Physical and emotional withdrawal from alcohol is uncomfortable and sometimes painful. Holistic endeavors and treatments ease these feelings in large part by focusing on the present moment and providing tangible relief, for example, through massage or acupuncture.
- Overall wellness. Alternative therapy options increase health, including improved emotional health and memory, relief of anxiety and depression, and stress management. They also reduce insomnia by up to 50%.
- Life skills. Some of what you learn during a holistic alcohol rehab experience can go with you after discharge. A yoga or meditation practice, a fitness routine, or a habit of mindfulness can and will center you and focus your mind and body away from cravings and toward wellbeing and balance during rehab and beyond.
- Improved energy and body awareness. In the early stages of recovery, the body and mind are typically exhausted. Years of alcohol addiction, the stress of detoxification, and the emotional toll of facing down cravings, feelings, and fears previously denied, and regrets—all that can leave you zapped. Holistic practices such as yoga, Tai Chi, meditation, and more increase energy levels naturally and promote an awareness of your own body and what it needs.
Holistic Alcohol Rehab near Houston
Serenity Light Recovery makes a full range of holistic treatments available to clients seeking a life of sobriety and wellness. Our staff’s collaborative, coordinated approach to alcohol treatment means that you have a recovery program that fits your needs, provided in an environment that enfolds you in tranquility. Call us by dialing 855.658.6109 or simply filling out our online form. Let us guide you to a treatment program that works for you.