At Serenity Light Recovery, our drug and alcohol detox programs cater to the specific needs of our clients. Clients undergo hourly monitoring by our 24 hour nursing staff.. A client’s time in the care center will depend on client’s medical necessity. Our experienced staff works with utilization reviews and insurance companies to advocate for our clients at all times. We pride ourselves on providing the detox Houston residents need to succeed.
Serenity Light Recovery’s on-site Physician, Psychiatrist and nurses work closely with our patients to determine the specific detox needs. Patient safety, physical health and mental wellbeing are our top priority. Our goal is not to replace one substance with another addictive substance, but to allow the brain and body to heal, maximizing the body’s ability to restore balance.
Detox Houston Needs
Our medical detox program was created by Serenity Light Recovery’s Executive Medical Director, Dr. H.M. Ogburn and ASAM physician, Dr. Tim Brennan. Every detail of this program has been developed to meet the clients specific needs. Clients seeking opioid detox services will have multiple options available to them during detox, including different opioid agonists-antagonists, which will be determined by our on-site physician. It is important to remember that withdrawal from alcohol and benzodiazepines can be especially dangerous possibly even deadly so detoxing under the care of a physician is required. Detoxification and withdrawal symptoms vary with each substance. Our professional care team eliminates the danger to our patients and others.
- Biosound and biofeedback sessions
- Massage therapy
- Creative Expressions Art class to focus on healing and stress management
- Daily access to specially designed detox process groups that are facilitated by trained clinicians, to give the client a healthy outlet while processing through withdrawal.
- Chemical dependence education classes with topics relating to detox needs: stages of withdrawal, relapse prevention, stress reduction, healthy boundaries, continuing care after detox, and building healthy support networks
- Memory foam mattresses to help alleviate additional discomforts of withdrawal
- TVs in all client care center rooms to distract from the urges and cravings to leave and use
- Consultation with a registered dietitian to establish a nutrition plan aimed at meeting each client’s unique needs during the withdrawal process
- Nutritionally balanced meals, designed specifically for our detox clients, by our renowned chef to help replenish essential vitamins and nutrients that were neglected, due to addiction
- Introduction to different types of recovery meetings will be accessible at the facility in the main building once the client has been medically cleared
- A recovery coach will be assigned to each client on day one of detox, and will aid in meeting the needs of the client throughout their treatment and follow-up for 1 year after
- Discharge and relapse prevention planning
- Individual and group yoga and guided meditation practice
- Fellowship nature walks
Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs with Serenity Light Recovery
Our drug, alcohol, and substance abuse detox program will work to prepare the client for their next phase of treatment. It is common for patients to enter treatment with the thought that “I just need to detox only and get back on track. I’ve done it before and it worked great.” The problem with this belief is that addiction, as well as problem drinking and using, is progressive. Here at Serenity Light Recovery, clients will have a team of experienced professionals who understand. During the patient’s stay, our clinicians will focus on developing a plan that addresses basic life needs, as well as recovery needs. This plan will work towards helping patient’s find and sustain balance.
To begin with the detox Houston needs, call Serenity Light Recovery today at 855.658.6109. Learn how our drug and alcohol detox programs can help you on your journey towards recovery.